WILSON FAMILY

OUR CRAZY LIVES!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Papa and Grandma May Came to Visit

My parents came to visit us one last time in Florida. They got in early Friday morning and were very tired. They slept off and on throughout the day so they were rested to go to Wicked. My parents have never been to a Broadway play before and so I was excited to be able to do it with them. They slept off and on during the first half but both perked up during the last half. At intermission I explained to my Dad the background of the play and he said that he enjoyed it much more once he knew what was going on. I absolutely loved the play. It might be one of my favorites. It was also nice to have a date night with Cody. It has been a long time since we have done anything. We found ourselves rushing through dinner and had to remind ourselves that we didn't need to hurry because we didn't need to entertain Taylyn. We had the Branch President's daughter come over and Taylyn loved her and they had a blast. It was an amazing night!

My parents were here for almost a week. Taylyn loved all the attention she got from them. My mom spent a lot of time outdoors, which is where Tay would love to spend all of her time. They blew bubbles, went for walks, played ball (my mom bought it for her and she wasn't quite sure what to do with it but she has got the hang of it now and even tries to kick it with her feet), read books, played with Papa's can and walker, ate all their food, and just plain got spoiled. We went to a little pizza place on the beach, drove around to show them around, went to the zoo, and just sat around and talked! While we were driving around Taylyn had had enough. She was getting really fussy and whining so we were trying to distract her as much as we could. She got a hold of some tissues and very intently tore them into little shreds and handed it to us like we needed it. She was very proud of herself.My mom also helped me make cinnamon rolls. It took us two tries because I just always buy whatever flour I see first and didn't realize that self-rising flour should not be used to make anything with yeast, salt or baking powder. My mom couldn't figure out what was going on with the rolls and then noticed the flour. So we threw it out and started again. They ended up turning out pretty good for my first time.

It was sure great to have them here. They have have always been such good examples to me and I loved having them in my home. You are never too old to need your parents around!!! We can't wait to be back where we are just a couple driving hours away instead of a long plane ride away!

0 comments: