WILSON FAMILY

OUR CRAZY LIVES!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jaxon Tione Wilson

After a long awaited week Jaxon Tione Wilson was born. I had an appointment to be induced on March 19, much appreciative of my doctor for inducing me a week early. I had to get up at 2:00 am and call the hospital to make sure they could still take me. They gave me the okay so we got up and showered and headed off to the hospital. We got there at 3:00am and they got the IV in and paperwork finished by 3:30 so they started the patosan (I'm not sure quite how to spell it). I was already dialated to a 4+ when I got there so I didn't think it would take too long. My Doctor came in at 7:00am and broke my water. Then I asked for the epidural as soon as I could. I didn't want to take any chance of not getting it in time. It took awhile for it to kick in on my left side but after a few doses I was not feeling the contractions anymore. The nurse came in around 8:30 to check me and was startled to see a head full of dark hair. She called the doctor and he came right down. I had to do three series of pushes and he was born at 8:57am . He was 7 pounds 8 ounces, 20 inches long, and his head was 13 inches. He was not so sure he was ready to be in this world but everything was great with him. I was surprised how great I felt even once the epidural had worn out. I even felt good enough to get up and take a shower that night. The next day Cody had to drive and work in Beaver so I had the day by myself and I took advantage of the time and slept most of the day, with Jaxon laying by me. That night Taylyn and Cody came to visit again and she took a little more interest in Jaxon without everyone else there. She wanted to give him a kiss but only with her finger.
I thought about coming home on Friday but Cody convinced me to stay an extra day and get one more night of sleep with help from the nurses. Boy was I glad I listened. However, by Saturday morning I was ready to be home. I think Cody was just as ready, his bed was extremely uncomfortable. We are now home and doing well. Jaxon is finally getting on somewhat of a schedule so I know what he needs and when he needs it. He is very mild tempered and so far has been an easy baby. The only time he cries is when I change his diaper. Taylyn thinks it is so funny that he doesn't like his diaper changed. We are hoping it stays that way. We are glad he is with us. All Taylyn wanted to do was eat my lunch the first time she saw Jaxon. She wasn't so much concerned about her new baby brother though. I guess the hospital food was too hard to resist!!
She was finally interested in holding him but for only about 10 seconds and then she told me she was all done. My parents came up the day Jaxon was born and enjoyed holding and loving him. He got lots of kisses from Grandma! Cody's family took Taylyn for us and brought her as soon as Jaxon had his bath. Linda and Maile both took there turns hold and loving as well.
Taylyn didn't wait long to introduce Tea Parties to Jaxon. The day after I brought him home she set up her dishes and had a little tea party with her new brother. It was quite funny how serious she was about the whole party. Here are just a few pictures of Jaxon that we have taken over the last couple of days.After a couple days of being home I finally got him dressed in something other than a onsie or pajamas.

Since bringing him home Taylyn has been a cute big sister. She loves to hold him and help me change his diaper. Whenever she hears him cry she will tell me, "Me don't like Baby Jaxon to be sad make him happy." She is very protective over him and seems to like having him around.

10 comments:

The Mrs said...

Congratulations Wilson Family! He is adorable!!

Jake said...

Congratulations. He's cute.

Lisa & Aukuso said...

Congrats Guys! Best wishes and much rest to come your way! He's a doll (even if he is a boy!!!)

Kim J. said...

ahhh, congratulations. he is totally adorable and I love that name. hope you are doing good...wish I was closer to visit!

Heidi said...

congratulations!!!! I am so glad you got him here, and are home doing well. I am also glad that it wasn"t bad in the delivery room. Congratulations again!!!!!

Chelsey said...

He's so cute and I think he looks like Juliann....only manlier.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! Glad things went well for you. Didn't sound too tough. Taylin is getting so big. Hope you guys are doing great!

Deborah & Matt said...

You must be so proud, a perfect, beautiful little boy. :)

Jason & Claire said...

Congrats! He's perfect!

Mike and Timette said...

He is beautiful!! I LOVE the Tea Party. SO cute. I also think it's great having a girl first, they are just more motherly, and like to assist in the process. FUN FUN.

You look great by the way, shower that night, you are the women.