WILSON FAMILY

OUR CRAZY LIVES!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Bodies Exhibit


Yes this is a little behind but worth mentioning. During the Thanksgiving Break we went down to Las Olas and went to the Bodies Exhibit. Cody wanted to go last year when it came to Florida but I kept making excuses because I was afraid it would make me sick. Here is the explanation you find on their website. These Exhibitions--which feature actual human specimens--allow people of all ages access to sights and knowledge normally reserved only for medical professionals. Take the opportunity to peer inside yourself, to better understand how your elaborate and fascinating body works, and how you can become a more informed participant in your own health care.

Well we finally decided to go. It was amazing! I did get a little creeped out and sick to my stomach a few times but tried not to think about the fact that I was looking at a real dead person. It was so cool to see a real heart, blood vessels, veins, bones, muscles and much more. I was really proud of myself for finally overcoming my fear of cadavers! Taylyn even went along and enjoyed her crackers after we got out!

0 comments: