WILSON FAMILY

OUR CRAZY LIVES!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Cody Won!

Cody won a free trip to Las Vegas when we were still in Florida. He called into the radio and actually won! It was supposed to be at the El Cortez but they offered us an upgrade for a little extra money. When we looked at the El Cortez we gladly agreed to accept the upgrade. It was to the Stratosphere. My mom took Taylyn over night and we were able to have a much needed night just the two of us. We ate dinner and did so very slowly because there was no need to rush to help entertain Tay. Then we went and walked around the strip for awhile and watched the pirate show outside the Treasure Island (Boy has that changed since I went years ago). It was so fun to be able to have the two of us. I also decided to put in $5 in the quarter machine and actually won $60 in about 5 minutes and then we went back to our room. No need to waste time gambling! The next morning we slept in until about 12:00pm and it felt wonderful. We have both been so stressed and overwhelmed with the move, business, and just plan adjusting to a new life that it was a great getaway for overnight. Once we finally got up and going we went and met Cody's aunt and uncle and hung out with them the rest of the day. We had so much fun and I couldn't believe how renewed I felt. Taylyn was glad to see us but didn't want to leave Nana-Papa House. She had my Mom's undivided attention and Addy my niece to play with, so she didn't miss us much and my Mom said she was good.

0 comments: