WILSON FAMILY

OUR CRAZY LIVES!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quick Up-Date!

I am still trying to get caught up with everything so here are a bunch of different things thrown together on one post. This has all happened over the last couple of months.

Cody had gone with his Dad and didn't come back for a while. I finally called and he said he would be home in a minute and that he had bought a scooter. I was not amused, but he did come home with one and it is Taylyn's new favorite thing to do with Cody. He drives her to Nana's (Cody's mom) and back. She knows how to put in the key, start the engine and honk the horn. A little scary!!
The funniest part about the whole thing.... is how much fun Cody has on it. Linda also bought her a plasma bike. I think I had as much fun as she did on it. She is a little to small to be able to make it work but together we have a blast. Roxie hates it and chases us which makes it all the more fun for Taylyn. Cody tried to ride it with her but couldn't make it work very well so for once there is something Taylyn wants to do with me more than Daddy. That puts me 1 Cody 100!!!! (Sometimes it not all bad because she always wants him to change her diaper, which I won't complain about!!!!)

The weekend I left for my Sister's weekend Cody and Taylyn found Cody's skateboard. When I got home they both looked a little beat up. While attempting to ride together they had a small crash, however, it didn't stop Taylyn from wanted to ride on it. I am not brave enough to do it standing up so if Daddy isn't home I just push her while she sits on it.

And they are off!!!I was at my Mom's house and Taylyn asked her for a snack. My mom got her some strawberries and let her set the bowl on the ice chest that I had brought. Apparently that meant she had to eat like a dog. She ate the entire bowl with only her mouth and no hands. She thought it was the funnest thing in the world. I was just glad to see that I haven't completely scarred her with the idea of every once in a while it is OK to get dirty. I tried to get her to wear sunglasses when she was little because she hates the sun in her eyes so bad, but she never would leave them on. Lately she has been wearing a pair of my old ones because she didn't have some and I was tired of her crying every time we got in the car. I finally went and let her pick out a pair and she loves to wear them. She will take them in stores with her and when she gets inside she puts them on her forehead. It has definitely made a big difference when we are traveling in the car. Taylyn's new obsession Sticker and Coloring Books. She wants to play with it at least a couple times a day. She actually used up all of her stickers from her two sticker books and we had to get new ones (they work wonderful for church). Whenever she is using one or the other she wants someone to do it with her. She is growing up so fast! I bought her a new dress and I just thought she looked so cute I had to take a picture. Cody is not a fan of the big fancy dresses but as soon as she put it on there was nothing he could say but how cute. Taylyn was so funny with it. She kept twirling around in circles holding the edges.

Bathing routine at our house is quite interesting. She plays and plays and then we get washed up. She has to have either her puppy or elephant towel to wrap up in, and then she runs to find Cody. She loves for him to hold her while I get her ommeonmies (pajamas- she had a pair with cats on them and that is what she calls cats (her version of meow) so now all pajamas are called that). It is cute how excited she gets each night to have one of her towels. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all satisfied which such a simple belonging. Cody and Taylyn love to look at the pictures on the computer. They will do it for 30 minutes at a time. Cody is such a good sport to look at the pictures over and over again. If no one will help her look at them she tries to push the buttons herself to find them. Luckily nothing has happened to the computer with the buttons she pushes.

Cody has started playing basketball once a week with my brother-in-law and some of his friends. The first time he went he decided he better shoot some baskets before going because it had been so long since he had even picked up a basketball. He is really enjoying it and it is good way for him to get exercise. He prefers playing sports rather than going to the gym so he like going each week!
She has found suckers, much to my disappointment. They always make such a mess but she loves them. She got a lot at Halloween and asks for one at least 10 times a day. I distract her and get her thoughts on something else because I limit her to one a day and two on a special day!! She knows when we go to the Drive Thru at the Bank that they have sucker and starts asking before we even pull in the line, and that is the first thing she goes for when we get to Cody's Office.

0 comments: